- Kerryon Johnson may already be getting first-team reps at practice, but don’t expect the Detroit Lions’ rookie running back to be the bell-cow back in 2018. Nate Atkins of MLive has a nice article breaking down how Johnson’s days as the 25-30-carry back at Auburn are done now in the NFL.
- When Marvin Jones Jr. was facing a contested catch, no other player had more receiving yards nor yards per reception:
Marvin Jones was a big play threat on contested catches! pic.twitter.com/mP197cjuRy— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) June 11, 2018
- Last week, former 49ers head coach Mike Singletary visited Lions minicamp to check out Detroit’s new video boards at practice.
- Over the weekend, Sam Martin held his annual softball charity event. Jake Rudock stole the show as the game’s MVP and the Home Run Derby winner. However, he lost the unofficial Accurate Jersey Contest:
- Linebacker Jonathan Freeny was a late, undersold addition to the Lions’ squad this offseason. He may not be a roster lock by any means, but Chris Burke of The Athletic notes that his experience within Matt Patricia’s defense may already be paying off.
- The Lions have officially found their replacement for Bill Keenist, who served as the head of the team’s media relation department for nearly two decades:
The Lions have named Eamonn Reynolds as their new director of football communications. He effectively takes over for Bill Keenist as the team's top PR man.— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) June 11, 2018
- Taylor Decker is ready to put his sophomore season behind him and return to the field at full health.