The PODcast is back and ready to discuss the last hurrah of the offseason before training camp starts in late July. Minicamp is over, and we do a full recap of the biggest storylines, discussing the winners and losers from the three-day event, combined with the open OTA practices.
After that brief discussion, we turn to what ended up being the pinnacle of the Detroit Lions’ 2017 season: Week 4 against the Minnesota Vikings. We discuss if the Lions were really good at that time, or if we overlooked troubling signs, while Jeremy recaps his time in Minnesota from that week.
Finally, the mailbag segment discusses the Lions column that got way too much attention by giving it more undeserved attention.
This week on the PODcast:
- Winners and losers from Lions minicamp. Jeremy came away impressed with the Lions’ wide receiver depth while Chris is skeptical.
- Teez Tabor impressed while Miles Killebrew may be on his last leg.
- Our “Way Back Machine” takes us to Week 4 of the 2017 season against the Vikings. Detroit moves to 3-1, but was inches away from 4-0. Were they really as good as their record at that point?
- Is Matt Patricia losing his team already? Of course not. The PODcast crew discusses the worst column of the offseason, and whether that particular columnist even deserves a spot in the Detroit media.
- Other mailbag topics: Fast and the Furious movies, the World Cup, run/pass ratios,