- Our good friend Jace Billingsley made the most of his opportunities on Monday. Golden Tate was absent from OTA practice to start the week, and Billingsley took over first-team reps in his absence. According to several beat writers on hand, Billingsley had an excellent practice against the first-team defense. Dave Birkett has more on how Billingsley is making a legitimate case for a spot on the 53-man roster this year.
- Many Lions players take the month-long break ahead to run their own personal football camps. If you live in the Georgia area and you know someone who’d be interested in a youth football camp with Darius Slay, here’s some information:
- Not only did no Lions make Pro Football Focus’ Top 50 players, but none made it into CBS’s Pete Prisco’s top 50, either. However, Matthew Stafford and Slay did make his top 100.
- Here are highlights from Monday’s OTA practice, including a nice wheel-route touchdown to Theo Riddick:
- Many are expecting Anthony Zettel to take another big jump in production this season, but Lions Wire’s Bryce Rossler isn’t buying it. Rossler believes, based on his 2017 film, Zettel is in for a disappointing season, and if the Lions roster was up to par, he’d even be fighting for a job.
- I challenge you to find a worse Top 13 Quarterbacks list than the one below:
Our Top 13 QBs going into 2018, in order. What would you change? pic.twitter.com/gpu7S5Dk7K— uSTADIUM (@uSTADIUM) June 11, 2018
- Chris Burke of The Athletic put together a nice, comprehensive pro/con list (subscription required) on keeping Ameer Abdullah versus cutting or trading him.