- Detroit Lions fans are well aware of the hype surrounding second-year receiver Kenny Golladay, but he doesn’t quite have the national attention quite yet. However, Doug Farrar of Bleacher Report listed Golladay as one of 12 NFL players that deserve more hype this season.
“When he was on the field and healthy, he surprised cornerbacks on the edge with a subtle understanding of routes from the snap—it was especially impressive how he gained separation with movement in his first few steps—and a gliding second-level speed that made big plays possible,” Farrar wrote.
- Speaking of Lions receivers, here’s your chance to meet Marvin Jones Jr. and some of his teammates this upcoming weekend while also getting your snack on:
Myself and a few teammates will be signing autographs this Saturday from 12-2pm @ Nothing Bundt Cakes Troy— Marvin Jones Jr (@MarvinJonesJr) June 13, 2018
(780 E Big Beaver Rd). Come take pictures with myself & Roary the !!! First 50 guests get free Bundlets for a year!!!! pic.twitter.com/wLaZrCVuw6
- Dave Birkett put together his list of top 16 Detroit Lions players of all time. However, Matthew Stafford and Ndamukong Suh didn’t make his list. He explains why here.
- I don’t know if you’ve heard, but the Lions have had a really bad running game over the past 10 years. Like... really bad:
Lions RBs were dead last in YPC last season. Also are dead last the past 3 years. Also are dead last the past decade. https://t.co/iMdN6KsQ1R— Mike Clay (@MikeClayNFL) June 12, 2018
- If you’re interested in being part of the gameday experience for home games, Ford Field is hosting a job fair this weekend on Saturday, June 16. For more information and to register for the event, click here.
- Happy birthday, Ameer Abdullah!
- Former Lions running back Reggie Bush was awarded $12.5 million in damages by the Rams after he suffered a season-ending injury in 2015 by slipping on the concrete track outside the field.
- Austin Lane, a former Lions defensive end, was knocked out in the first round of an MMA match on Tuesday. His opponent? Former Cowboys defensive end Greg Hardy.