- Remember from earlier in the week when Bucky Brooks of NFL.com failed to include the Detroit Lions in his top five wide receiver groups in the NFL? Well, Lions players caught wind of the list and they are not happy:
Who is doing this voting?— Golden Tate (@ShowtimeTate) June 20, 2018
Sooo @MarvinJonesJr & @ShowtimeTate not too 5 duo ♂️ both over 1000 yards...... No love.... #OnePride— Darius Slay (@_bigplayslay23) June 20, 2018
- Want more information on the Lions’ newest personnel department hire? Jeff Risdon of Lions Wire has a nice article on Jimmy Ray III, whom Risdon covered during his tenure at Texans Wire.
- Marvin and Jazmyn Jones have officially opened their Nothing Bundt Cakes store in Troy!
BAKING NEWS— Detroit Lions (@Lions) June 20, 2018
Jazmyn Jones and @MarvinJonesJr have opened @nothingbundt in Troy! pic.twitter.com/neBbueKzv0
- The Detroit Free Press has a list of five Detroit Lions players that must live up to their hefty contracts in 2018. Spoiler alert: Ezekiel Ansah is on the list.
- Chris Burke of The Athletic has an interesting breakdown of how he thinks the Lions may distribute the ball among Lions receivers. Since it’s behind a paywall, here’s an interesting snippet for those that don’t subscribe. When Kenny Golladay was in the lineup, Marvin Jones Jr. averaged just 5.3 targets per game in 2017. When Golladay was out, Jones saw 9.8 targets a game.
- When lined up over the slot, Quandre Diggs was one of the best defensive backs at preventing completions last season:
Good luck finding success against Chris Harris Jr. when he's lined up in the slot! pic.twitter.com/tyxiW1ihM1— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) June 19, 2018
- The Lions arguably have a pretty weak depth chart at the edge rusher position. Erik Schlitt of Lions Wire tries to project which players will fit in each edge role under Matt Patricia.