- Earlier in the offseason Ezekiel Ansah signed his franchise tag, meaning he’ll play in 2018 on a one-year, $17.1 million contract. However, if the Lions and Ansah would rather come to a long-term agreement, they only have until July 16 to come to a deal. If they don’t come to an agreement, Ansah will not be able to sign an extension with the team until after the regular season. NFL.com has some other important offseason dates coming up.
- We all know that Golden Tate is the #YACKing, but check out how he stands up against the impressive 2010 wide receiver draft class:
Golden Tate is in a class of his own when it comes to forcing missed tackles! pic.twitter.com/usmRNfeKD5— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) June 26, 2018
- Erik Schlitt’s fantastic positional breakdown series has reached the Lions’ all-important linebackers. Check out who he thinks will play each role for Detroit in the 2018 season.
- Former Lions quarterback Dan Orlovsky is already getting an announcing job in the NFL. Well... kind of. He’ll be an announcer for the professional flag football league coming this weekend:
Just announced - @BobPapa_NFL, @danorlovsky7, @heykayadams, @ColeWrightNFL round out @nflnetwork broadcast team of live @FlagFootball games beginning June 30 https://t.co/w86VjiJoWZ— NFL Media (@NFLMedia) June 26, 2018
- DetroitLions.com’s Tim Twentyman has five things to watch before training camp begins in late July.
- ESPN made projections for the top 10 rookie running backs for the 2018 season and their predictions for Kerryon Johnson are... underwhelming.
- Anthony Zettel is up next on the Lions’ official closest to the pin contest. Watch his effort here. Let’s just say it’s a good thing these guys play football.