- The Detroit Lions wide receivers had been getting some disrespect in the media as of late, but this NFL Network segment gave Marvin Jones Jr. and Golden Tate some recognition. The two were named the third best wide receiver duo in the league. Watch the segment below. Bet you can’t guess the No. 1 duo:
- Vikings defensive end Danielle Hunter has reportedly agreed to a five year, $72 million deal. Jeff Risdon explains what that could mean for negotiations between Ezekiel Ansah and the Detroit Lions.
- Fox Sports Detroit has a pretty epic hype video for the Lions that seems to suggest Barry Sanders is coming back. (he’s not)
- Could this be T.J. Lang’s final year on the Lions roster? Zach Moran of Detroit Jock City makes a case that Detroit may not want to pay the veteran guard for the final year of his contract.
- Matt Prater holds the NFL record for longest field goal in league history, but this is a neat story about the man who kicked a 69-yard field goal in college ball:
Matt Prater may have kicked the longest field goal in NFL history, but his 64 yarder is 5 yards shorter than the longest field goal in organized football.— SB Nation (@SBNation) June 26, 2018
This is RECORD BOOK! pic.twitter.com/vypO6deQhZ
- SB Nation took a look at the teams with the most first-round draft busts from 2000 to 2014, and believe it or not, the Lions were not among the top five. But the Packers and Vikings made the list.
- NFL.com’s Dan Hanzus thinks Matthew Stafford may be the next quarterback in the “Elite” club.