- We all know that Marvin Jones Jr. and Golden Tate made some huge plays for the Detroit Lions last year, but did you know all Lions wide receivers led the entire league in “breakaway plays?” (Defined as 20+ yard plays)
The WRs with the most breakaway plays in 2017! pic.twitter.com/kHePF50SjL— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) June 22, 2018
- Congrats to Lions legend Jason Hanson, who was inducted into the Academic All-American Hall of Fame this week.
- The Lions made yet another change to their communications department this week:
Congratulations to Greg Maiola on his new job as the Lions’ football communications coordinator. He did a terrific job last season as an intern in Texans media relations department. He was outstanding working with the PFWA at the combine.— John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) June 29, 2018
- Bleacher Reports Brad Gagnon thinks the Lions should trade for Jaguars defensive end Dante Fowler. Read his reasoning why here.
- The Lions may be off for a month, but they’re still interacting on Twitter, and it’s hilarious:
How many times do I have to tell you to stop calling yourself big daddy decker.. it’s never going to catch on.— TJ Lang (@TJLang70) June 29, 2018
Number officially changed in the phone...— Dan Orlovsky (@danorlovsky7) June 29, 2018
hater— Nino (@qdiggs6) June 29, 2018
- Detroit Jock City revisited the Lions’ trade for Haloti Ngata back in 2015 and determined the Lions got pretty good value from the transaction.
- Pretty cool youth initiative started up by new Lions tight end Luke Willson, attempting to get football widespread in Canada:
Really excited to announce that I've partnered with @ctjumpstart to give back $50,000 to help grow youth football in Canada! If you, your team, your school, or someone you know could use our help. Click the link in my bio to apply. Whether you need equipment, jerseys, or just the means to play the game we're here to help! #ctjumpstart