- If there’s anything we’ve learned about Detroit Lions general manager Bob Quinn, it’s that no matter the time of year, he’s always trying to roster build. With that in mind, Lions Wire’s Jeff Risdon listed four veteran players the Lions could potentially trade for during training camp.
- Ever wonder what it’s like to discover Calvin Johnson for the first time? Watch as this rugby player watches Megatron highlights, having not heard of Johnson prior to the videos (h/t reddit):
- Detroit, and subsequently Ford Field, is one of the six finalists to host the NCAA Final Four in 2023, 2024 or 2025, according to Crain’s Detroit.
- I joined the Chicago Bears Review podcast this week to recap the Detroit Lions 2017 season and preview 2018:
- Both the Detroit Lions and Jim Brandstatter himself were blindsided by WJR’s decision to fire him this week. Brandstatter told the Detroit Free Press that he went into the meeting expecting a contract renewal.
- If you throw it deep to Marvin Jones Jr., there’s a pretty darn good chance he’s going to come down with it:
Throwing downfield? Marvin Jones Jr. is a good bet to come down with the ball in contested catch situations. pic.twitter.com/MF4jGFlekP— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) July 11, 2018
- Two players were selected in the NFL supplemental draft, but the Lions were not one of the teams to use a draft pick on them.