- NFL.com’s Gil Brandt is continuing his all-time positional rankings, and on Monday he counted down the top 24 cornerbacks of all time. The Detroit Lions were represented three times on the list with Dick LeBeau coming in at 21, Lem Barney at 15, and Dick “Night Train” Lane at 11.
- Rod Wood joined WJR on Monday and gave some more information on Ford Field exploring options to make their roof retractable:
Wood said Detroit would continue pursuit of MLS team at Ford Field, regardless of retractable roof decision. And if they do add a retractable roof, Wood wasn't ready to commit to Lions playing on a grass field. Said that would be a separate analysis.— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) July 16, 2018
Wood brought up an interesting point, essentially noting the interior of stadium wasn't designed with exposure to weather/humidity in mind. That means alterations to the interior could be a big part of the costs when changing the roof.— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) July 16, 2018
- Pro Football Focus ranked every team’s pass-rushing roster, and the Lions came in at 24th, which wasn’t even the worst ranking in the NFC North.
- Congrats to both Taylor Decker and Eric Ebron, who both got married over the weekend:
Eric Ebron got married today and at least one Lions player (Ameer Abdullah) was in attendance: pic.twitter.com/gQbxJBYpiI— Pride of Detroit (@PrideOfDetroit) July 16, 2018
- It’s still Barry Sanders’ birthday, so why not enjoy some highlights? But since you’ve probably already seen every Lions highlight he’s ever created, why not watch some of his eye-popping college tape:
- Ash Thompson of Detroit Jock City thinks that signing LeGarrette Blount was the Lions’ most important offseason move. Read his argument why here.
- Well, this is interesting...
Sat down with @NFLFilms today to talk 2014 with the Detroit Lions pic.twitter.com/ufQ6hSBNUS— Ndamukong Suh (@NdamukongSuh) July 15, 2018