The full PODcast crew is back and ready to take on a week that actually had some news for the Detroit Lions. Jim Brandstatter is out as the Lions radio color commentator. Lomas Brown is in. Ezekiel Ansah did not reach a long-term agreement with the Lions, and it didn’t appear the two sides were ever even close.
Jeremy, Chris and Ryan take on those stories this week, and continue the LISTCAST and Way Back Machine series. This week, the gang counts down their top 10 tight ends and revisits the ugly Lions-Browns games from last year.
This week on the PODcast:
- Did the Lions make a mistake firing Jim Brandstatter? Did the Lions color commentator deserve to go out on his own terms, or was a changing of the guard necessary?
- Discussing the importance of Lions radio among all Detroit sports.
- Ryan explains why letting the franchise tag deadline pass was the right move both for the Lions and Ezekiel Ansah
- The PODcast crew ranks the top 10 tight ends for 2018, and Chris’ adequacy rubs off on Jeremy
- Can we take anything from the Lions’ struggled against the Cleveland Browns? Would they have lost that game had DeShone Kizer not been injured?
- Mailbag talks best Taco Bell items, Eric Ebron vs. Luke Willson and a Punta Cana sequel