Since 2010, the Detroit Lions have drafted a running back in the second round or higher four times. Sadly for them, none of them have worked out in Detroit. None of them have reached a second contract with the Lions (so far), and none have even come close to cracking the top 10 running backs in the league.
That’s this week’s main topic on the PODcast: naming the top 10 running backs for the 2018 season. We’re in the middle of an era where young running backs are taking over the league. Gone are the Adrian Petersons and Marshawn Lynches of this world. Now is the time for guys like Alvin Kamara and Kareem Hunt. But with so little experience to go on, which of these youngsters reign supreme? Who will be the next franchise running back that a team will ride for years to come?
For the first time during 2018 LISTCASTs, the PODcast crew has some significant disagreement. Take a listen:
Download and subscribe to the PODcast on iTunes, Stitcher or Spreaker!
This week’s topics:
- Ranking the top 10 running backs of 2018
- Should any rookies make the list? Too early for Saquon Barkley hype?
- Which running back of the 2017 draft class should be the highest?
- Todd Gurley, Le’Veon Bell or Ezekiel Elliott: Who should be No. 1?
- Our Way Back Machine takes us back to Lions vs. Steelers, but we can’t get past the red zone.
- Did the Lions “deserve” to win that game or was it their own undoing?
- The beginning of the end for Jim Caldwell and Eric Ebron.
- Mailbag takes on firework etiquette, best SoCal fast food, moving the Lions to another city and other running backs we would’ve liked in the 2018 NFL Draft