- Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press gave his pre-training camp thoughts on the team, including a few reasons the Lions may be able to finally pull themselves out of mediocrity.
- Congrats to former Detroit Lions first-round pick and current Florida State assistant strength and conditioning coach Ernie Sims for earning his degree and going for his master’s:
Congrats to former FSU and NFL LB @ErnieSims34! The 2006 first-round pick returned to school 2 years ago and earned his Social Science degree. Ernie will walk in FSU's graduation ceremony Aug. 4 and pursue his Master's at FAU, where he is an assist strength coach. Lk for my blog— Jim Henry (@JimHenryTALLY) July 25, 2018
- Speaking of former Lions, Stephen Tulloch is opening a coffee shop in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
- Yet another Lions opposing player will be suspended for their game against Detroit. However, Rashard Robinson was already likely on the roster bubble for the Jets:
#Jets CB Rashard Robinson has been suspended without pay for the first four games of the 2018 regular season for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) July 25, 2018
- Jeff Risdon of Lions Wire gave his prediction for the 53-man roster for the offensive side of the ball. Things get very interesting on the offensive line.
- The Lions reportedly worked out former Bucs and Patriots defensive tackle Sealver Siliga last week:
Another unsigned veteran from last year's Bucs defense, DT Sealver Siliga, had a workout with Lions last week. Big run-stopper had 8 tackles for Tampa Bay in eight games last season.— Greg Auman (@gregauman) July 24, 2018
- Ash Thompson of Detroit Jock City doesn’t think anyone should really be worried about Ezekiel Ansah being placed on the PUP list.