- Any time a wide receiver gets paid, you can pretty much guarantee Detroit Lions wide receiver Golden Tate is going to say something. Tate is looking for an extension himself, but it was Vikings receiver Stefon Diggs who got one first. Diggs is reportedly getting a new five-year deal worth around $14 million a season, and Tate was clearly happy for him while giving some (probably unintentional) shade to the Chicago Bears:
- The best advice Matt Patricia said he’s been given is “be yourself,” and Erik Schlitt of Lions Wire notes that you can already see him taking that advice to heart at training camp.
- Want some training camp highlights? The Lions official Twitter account has you covered:
- Pro Football Focus ranked every team’s receiving corps, and the Lions came in eighth overall. That’s below the Vikings (first), Buccaneers (third), Falcons (fourth) and Giants (sixth) in the conference.
- Matthew Stafford kept some pretty impressive company last year when he passed the 50-yard line:
Four quarterbacks were tied for the NFL lead on big time throws in opponent's territory last year. pic.twitter.com/g4SENqQAIg— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) July 31, 2018
- You may not have heard of Lions receiver Chris Lacy, and he may be a longshot to make the Lions roster, but Dave Birkett has a neat story on how Lacy has a degree in industrial engineering and a ton of smarts to fall back on should things not work out in the NFL.
- MMQB’s Andy Benoit was at Lions camp on Monday, and shared his thoughts on the team with DetroitLions.com’s Tori Petry: