- Madden 19 is slowly revealing their player ratings for their upcoming game, starting with the rookies. Unfortunately, the Detroit Lions rookies haven’t been revealed yet, because guys like Kerryon Johnson aren’t among Madden’s top five at their respective position. Although it may be fair for Johnson, seeing as he was the sixth running back taken in the 2018 NFL Draft.
- However, despite having the 32nd-ranked running game by yardage last year, ESPN ranks the Lions’ 2018 backfield 20th in the NFL (Insider required), projecting 1,366 total rushing yards for the tailbacks.
- The NFL Alumni Detroit is honoring former Lions kicker Eddie Murray at this year’s Charity Golf Classic. If you’d like to attend, here’s more info on the event (and you can visit the site here):
Did you know? Former @Lions Kicker Eddie Murray became the Lions' all-time leading scorer with 1,113 points, a record that stood until it was broken by current Lions' placekicker Jason Hanson. We are honoring him Monday, July 16 during our annual golf classic. RSVP today. pic.twitter.com/45FQvyONNd— NFL Alumni Detroit (@NFLAlumniDet) July 6, 2018
- Erik Schlitt doesn’t expect a long adjustment period for the Lions defense, despite the fact that many will be playing in a brand-new scheme.
- NFL.com thinks the NFC North has the best set of quarterbacks and it’s almost impossible to disagree.
- Is it possible to get tired of watching Golden Tate work his YAC magic? If so, I haven’t gotten there yet:
- Frank Ragnow was one of 20 newcomers PFF expects to make an immediate impact in 2018, thanks to his outstanding run-block (92.5) and pass-block (88.3) grades.