- Ah yes, the summer continues in brutal fashion as more lists reach out from the ether and materialize. Gil Brandt, senior analyst with NFL Media, ranked his greatest wide receivers of all time, and Calvin Johnson came in at no. 18, behind players like Tom Fears, Andre Johnson and Cris Carter. History is a funny vehicle in that all players today are far more freakish athletes than prior generations, but we’re also creatures of the moment too. Where would you rank Calvin Johnson?
- The Lions have a new Q&A with Frank Ragnow, complete with some fresh new pictures from his offseason workouts.
- Oh, hey, here’s Matthew Stafford in a tuxedo with his fellow Dawgs alumni:
UGA C/O 2008 Grown Up: 24 + 7 + 1 pic.twitter.com/ax5ty1jF8F— Mohamed Massaquoi (@IronMassaquoi) July 8, 2018
- The Sporting News listed Ezekiel Ansah’s franchise tag as the worst contract on the books for Detroit. Ansah has certainly failed to claim any season since the one he had in 2015, and Jason Fitzgerald writes: “The Lions still have time to get a deal done this year, but if they don’t, they likely will regret using the tag.”
- Do you live in western Michigan? You got kids? Do you want to send them off to the Detroit Lions Summer Football Camp? Fox 17 in Grand Rapids is holding a sweepstakes for four children to attend the camp, and two of them will win four regular season tickets to boot.
- Former Lion Jahvid Best hasn’t played tackle football since he was forced into retirement in 2012 from concussion issues. But now Best is participating in the American Flag Football League—and he’s still got moves!