For the first time all year, the PODcast has a Detroit Lions game to recap. Okay, technically we recapped the Lions’ 2017 season finale in the year of 2018, and technically this is only a preseason game, but shut up, it’s hard to write intros to these things week after week.
Anyways, we brought new Pride of Detroit staffer and PODcast veteran Mansur Shaheen into this week’s episode to break down everything that went wrong and everything that went right in the Lions’ preseason opener against the Oakland
Grudens Raiders. We give our overall impressions of the Lions’ debut, play a game of impress/depress, and then take our last ride in the Way Back Machine, officially putting the 2017 season behind us.
This week on the PODcast
- What did we learn from the Lions’ preseason opener? What shouldn’t we overreact to? Is it fair to get pumped from the positive and ignore the negative?
- THE LIONS ESTABLISHED THE RUNNING GAME. LIFE IS GOOD.
- THE LIONS OPPONENTS ALSO ESTABLISHED THE RUNNING GAME. LIFE IS BAD.
- Mansur and the gang talk about the players that impressed them and the players that depressed them on Friday night.
- Chris Spielman: Too much?
- Way Back Machine just gets the dang 2017 season over with, and eulogizes the Jim Caldwell era.
- Mailbag debates which cereal mascot would make the best backup quarterback, ponders how many running backs the Lions will keep, and talks hostile away crowds