- If you are planning on catching a Detroit Lions game at Ford Field this coming season then you may be able to expand your budget a little more than you thought. The Lions announced their new “Silver Savings” prices on Twitter today, which include affordable meal combos for patrons.
#Lions announce Silver Savings at @FordField: new all-day value pricing for Lions gamedays » https://t.co/L31mt37NVp pic.twitter.com/Fmj5DAqFVP— Detroit Lions (@Lions) August 14, 2018
These changes come following the incredibly popular low-priced concessions at the Atlanta Falcons new Mercedes-Benz Arena last season.
- ESPN released their first preseason power rankings on Tuesday morning and highlighted a player that may surprise the league on every team. Detroit was ranked at a lowly 20th, questionably included behind the likes of the Oakland Raiders and Carolina Panthers. Beat writer Michael Rothstein highlighted rookie Kerryon Johnson as the potential surprise player, which is fitting after his great performance last Friday.
- Tori Petry returns with another episode of the Detroit Lions official podcast this week. She sat down with former linebacker and current member of the Lions TV Network broadcast crew Chris Speilman to talk about the preseason opener against the Oakland Raiders last weekend.
Latest podcast is out - breaking down the first preseason game with Chris Spielman!— Tori Petry (@sportstori) August 14, 2018
: https://t.co/rJvJ2SXEzW https://t.co/3mC8NWiRd6
- The Kerryon Johnson love continued on NFL.com this week, where analyst Bucky Brooks gave him an A for his debut performance. Brooks noted that “the Lions might’ve found their ideal combo playmaker at running back.”
- Football mastermind and creator of Sharp Analytics, Warren Sharp, took some time on Twitter today to reflect on how much an efficient run game could help the Lions in 2018. The entire thread is worth a read but he used one Tweet to sum up the many benefits of having a functioning run game.
Detroit should be a better run team in 2018. Hopefully they will use that improved efficiency to avoid being the #1 most pass-heavy team in short yardage & red zone situations. Here are a number of benefits the Lions will receive simply by being better on the ground in 2018: pic.twitter.com/ICAhdWlAct— Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) August 14, 2018
- Yahoo Sports’ Jay Busbee ranked the 10 most tortured NFL fan bases heading into the 2018 season and the Lions obviously made the list at No. 6. Interestingly enough, all four of the teams in the NFC North made top 10 including the Minnesota Vikings at No. 1.
- If you are someone that lives for the NFL draft then you’ll be happy to hear that Pro Football Focus released their preseason prospect rankings for the 2019 draft. Rashan Gary, Devin Bush and Lavert Hill of the Michigan Wolverines all made the list. Spartan fans reading can take solace in the fact that their team will most likely beat a rival with three heavily touted NFL prospects later this season.