- ESPN came out with their advanced statistics from the 2017 season regarding NFL quarterbacks (Insider required). Matthew Stafford came out eighth in overall value added and was the 10th most accurate quarterback last season. Last year, ESPN determined Stafford was the third-most valuable quarterback in the league.
- Speaking of Stafford, he wished former Detroit Lions receiver Nate Burleson a happy
40th37th birthday over the weekend:
- Both Lions Wire and MLive dropped new 53-man roster predictions on Monday—although one included Cornelius Washington...
- Just last week the Indianapolis Colts signed former Lions running back Tion Green. Sadly, Green was cut just hours before the Colts’ preseason game Monday night:
- One of the Chicago Bears’ best defenders, edge rusher Leonard Floyd, suffered a broken finger that required surgery. However, the Bears are hopeful he’ll still be ready—but not fully healed—by Week 1.
- T.J. Lang, Jace Billingsley and Toby Johnson all missed Monday’s practice, but were seen working on the sidelines.
- MLive’s Kyle Meinke has an interesting breakdown of the Lions’ use of two WR sets, which featured Marvin Jones Jr. and Kenny Golladay (not Golden Tate).