- Bleacher Report’s panel of analysts named Matthew Stafford as their dark horse candidate to win Offensive Player of the Year in 2018.
- Former Detroit Lions receiver and current “Good Morning Football” co-host Nate Burleson thinks his former team could return to the playoffs in 2018, but it may take another step from cornerback Darius Slay to get there.
“You think about very successful defenses, they’re always anchored by that type of individual,” Burleson said, regarding Slay and the Lions backfield. “And that goes a long way when you’re going up against Aaron Rodgers, when you’re going up against Kirk Cousins, when you’re going up against Mitchell Trubisky.”
Watch the full segment below:
- Lions Wire’s Jeff Risdon thought Lions first-round pick Frank Ragnow was “dominant” during Saturday’s scrimmage.
- “Inside the Den,” the team’s mini-version of “Hard Knocks,” is back and looks like it will be as great as it has been for the past two years:
- If you want a horrific trip down memory lane, The Ringer has you covered. Rodger Sherman details the Lions 2008 0-16 season and how it looks completely different from the Browns’ 2017 0-16 season.
- ESPN’s Jemele Hill thinks the Lions could surprise some people this year. Check out her interview with Tori Petry below:
- Jason Hanson and Eric Hipple stopped by Lions camp on Monday. Hanson even had an extended conversation with the special teams group: