There is Detroit Lions football this week, and the PODcast can’t wait for Friday. So to help feed our addiction, we spent all of Monday night talking about everything leading up to the Lions’ preseason opener. Training camp, depth chart, Ezekiel Ansah’s return, and joint practices. It’s all there for you to consume while we wait for the main meal coming on Friday night.
But we couldn’t do it alone. One of our new Pride of Detroit family members, Hamza Baccouche, joined the crew to introduce himself to the crowd and offer his insight to the Lions and their 2018 season!
This week on the PODcast
- Get to know the newest Lions writer, Hamza Baccouche and his story about becoming a Lions fan
- The Lions have a new depth chart. The PODcast crew discusses what it means, and perhaps more importantly, what it doesn’t mean.
- Joint practices with the Raiders are here. Chris, Jeremy and Hamza discuss what their expectations for the session and the upcoming preseason game.
- Ziggy back! The crew discusses just how big this is for the Lions defensive end, but maintains cautious optimism.
- The crew talks about the new helmet contact rule and how it’s almost certainly headed for a disastrous inaugural season.
- The Way Back Machine delivers a double-dose of pain: A skin-of-your-teeth win over the Buccaneers and the disaster in Baltimore.
- Oh hey, Ryan’s here.
- Mailbag debates how many running backs the Lions will keep, names the top movies from the last five years, and describes what makes a real superhero.