- His name may be Big Play Slay, and he may have led the league in interceptions in 2017, but Darius Slay is not listed among the top 30 defensive players with the best odds to win the Defensive Player of the Year award.
you'd think that Darius Slay, who tied for most interceptions in the league and led the league in PBU, would at least be on this list somewhere, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ pic.twitter.com/bhK5G34LEX— ʞǝɹǝᗡ (@steeztabor) August 8, 2018
To be fair, a cornerback has only won the award once in the past 23 years (Charles Woodson, 2009). Still, there are a handful of corners on the list above Slay.
- ESPN’s Michael Rothstein has a great story on Lions tight end Sean McGrath and his obsession with art. It even includes some impressive pieces from McGrath himself.
- Kenny Golladay made this Raiders defensive back turn around literally three times in one rep, then made a fantastic grab.
- Former Lions linebacker Tahir Whitehead was mic’d up for the first joint practice on Tuesday. Check out the solid audio/video below:
- Marvin Jones Jr. and Golden Tate joined Steve Smith on NFL Network to talk about their time in Detroit and changes they’re planning on making to their game in 2018:
- Speaking of Tate, “Stars and Strikes,” his annual bowling event to support veterans is September 24 and tickets are on sale now. For more information on the event, click here, and you can purchase tickets here.
- The Lions came in at just 17th in Bleacher Report’s consensus power rankings entering Week 1 of preseason.