- If you’re into those Funko pop vinyl figures that are consuming every inch of pop culture, I’ve got good new for you. Matthew Stafford is getting his own figure!
If you haven’t sworn him off completely, you can already purchase a Calvin Johnson one right now.
- The Lions made a minor transaction on Thursday, waiving receiver Deontez Alexander from the injured/reserve list. Alexander was waived six days ago with an injury designation and reverted to the team’s IR list when he cleared waivers. Now he is off the team completely. ‘
- You know the video of Jarrad Davis getting plowed by a Raiders running back? (don’t worry, we won’t link to it) We sent it over to former NFL VP of Officiating Dean Blandino, and he doesn’t think it’s a violation of the new helmet rule:
Back dips his head slightly, but don’t see this as a foul. He’s bracing for contact and not using the helmet to deliver a blow. Don’t see this getting called that often this close to LOS. Will see it more out in space where officials have better chance to see entire action.— Dean Blandino (@DeanBlandino) August 9, 2018
- The Athletic has a pretty neat breakdown of how the Lions running game looked in the second joint practice between the Lions and Raiders.
- Kenny Golladay had a hell of a catch during Wednesday’s practice.
- Former Panthers receiver Steve Smith had a lot of nice things to say about the Lions’ offense, specifically their receivers (although, someone is going to have to remind him of Kenny Golladay’s name):
- The voice of Lions radio, Dan Miller, sat down with former Lions general manager Matt Millen to talk about his time in Detroit and the life-threatening illness he’s currently dealing with.