The PODcast crew gave this one an extra 24 hours to sit on. The Detroit Lions got pummeled so hard by the New York Jets on Monday night that I’m running out of verbs to describe it, and it’s only Wednesday.
We may have put things off a day, but Jeremy and Chris were still heated about Monday’s embarrassment, and they don’t hold that back on this week’s podcast. We break down what went wrong in the game, the coaching controversies that have already emerged, and what it all means for the rest of the Lions’ 2018 season.
- Why was the offense so bad? Is it Matthew Stafford? The offensive line? Jim Bob Cooter? All of the above?
- The defense is bad, but we all knew that was coming. Is there any chance they won’t be bad?
- Looking ahead: How screwed is this team? Can they make it to the bye with a win or two or three?
- I continually freudian slip by calling Jim Bob Cooter “Joe Lombardi.”
- COACHING CONTROVERSIES: Jim Bob Cooter and Matt Patricia are already under fire. While they deserve a ton of criticism, are they being unfairly criticized for overblown issues?
- Would this have happened under Jim Caldwell? Jeremy and Chris disagree.
- Mailbag tackles jersey choices, Jeremy’s press box blunder, and EAT SOME BAGELS AND LOX, YOU HEATHENS