The PODcast wanted to waste no time in getting this week’s show out. With the Detroit Lions’ disappointing loss to the San Francisco 49ers still fresh in our mind, the PODcast crew went to the recording booth (just our respective houses) Sunday night to spill our thoughts into your earholes.
The game was a little more palatable, but the end result was the same. Do we feel better about this team right now? Should we feel better about this team right now?
And what the heck is up with Matthew Stafford? This is a guy who was so damn close to winning over the entire city of Detroit—a near impossible task for a Lions quarterback—and he’s looked so much worse than expected. Sunday was better, but should we be worried about his long-term prospects?
We talk about all of this and much, much more on this week’s episode of the PODcast:
This week on the PODcast:
- Another controversial ending! Did the refs get the penalty on Quandre Diggs right?
- THE LIONS ALMOST ESTABLISHED THE RUN GAME
- LeGarrette Blount: Way to stick up for your quarterback or stupid play that very well could’ve hurt this team’s chance at a comeback?
- Matthew Stafford was better but still worse than is expected out of him. Are we worried yet?
- Good cop, bad cop. Jeremy tries to go a whole segment focusing on the positive, but Chris plays bad cop and points to impending doom on the schedule.
- Wally’s World returns to examine hot takes about Matt Patricia’s weight, while Jeremy enters the rage corner to complain about clock management... again.
- Mailbag doesn’t like horror movies, talks about the future of Golden Tate, Ezekiel Ansah and Glover Quin, and the increased role of Kerryon Johnson.