“You know this isn’t the Detroit Lions’ final 53-man roster, right?”
Yes, annoying friend, we all know that by now, but thanks for pointing it out.
That’s right, the Lions may have established their initial 53-man roster on Saturday afternoon, but Sunday will feature a slew of transactions, too.
First, all of the players waived over the past two days will become available at noon ET on Sunday. As we speak, teams are scouring the transaction list and putting in claims for players they think may improve their current 53. The Detroit Lions currently are 20th on the waiver priority list, meaning 19 teams are going to have to pass on any of the waived players before Detroit gets their shot. We should hear about any of these sort of additions—or if any of the Lions’ waived player get claimed—right after that noon deadline.
After that’s done, teams will get to building their practice squads. Starting at 1 p.m. ET, all 32 franchises are permitted to add any practice squad eligible players that didn’t get claimed to their 10-man squad for 2018. We’ll be tracking those additions for the Lions here, too.
Detroit Lions roster claims
OT Andrew Donnal (Ravens)
DB Dee Virgin (Texans)
Lions waived players claimed by other teams
- None (per Justin Rogers)
Former Lions joining other practice squads:
- RB Dwayne Washington (Saints)
- DT Jeremiah Ledbetter (Buccaneers)
- TE Marcus Lucas (Seahawks)
- WR Jace Billingsley (Patriots)
Detroit Lions 2018 practice squad members
- QB Jake Rudock (story)
- WR Chris Lacy (per Dave Birkett)
- CB Mike Ford (per Justin Rogers)
- DE Alex Barrett (per Justin Rogers)
- S Rolan Milligan (per team)
- LB Darnell Sankey (per team)
- OL Dan Skipper (per team)
- DE Eric Lee (from Patriots, per Kevin Duffy)
- CB Cre’Von LeBlanc (story)
- DT John Atkins
- RB Donnel Pumphrey (reported, unofficial)
You can also follow along with all the news with our Twitter tracker below.