This week the First Byte podcast reunited with our good friend from Pats Pulpit Brian Phillips (@BPhillips_SB). Brian is a unique resource for Detroit Lions fans, not only because he’s an expert in his field as a Patriots writer, but because he’s living in Michigan and has a pretty good finger on the pulse of local Detroit spots.
This week he helped up preview the Week 3 “Sunday Night Football” matchup between the Detroit Lions and New England Patriots. With both teams coming off a loss, we jump into what’s currently ailing both teams and how each plans on rebounding on Sunday.
Listen to this week’s episode below (or if you can’t see it, click here)
This week on First Byte:
- How the hell did Blake Bortles throw for 376 yards and 4 touchdowns on the Patriots?
- Brian thinks Josh Gordon could be a healthy scratch on Sunday night. If so, who should the Lions be afraid of in the passing game? If not, what will Gordon bring to the table?
- Three key players are suffering from concussions and are unlikely to play Sunday. Brian, Jeremy and Chris discuss the fallouts of each injury and how the other team may exploit the matchup.
- Brian thinks Chris Hogan can’t get open against any DBs in the league. Jeremy tells him to just wait and see.
- The Patriots don’t really have a good running back, but can the Lions stop anyone?
- Jeremy predicts a shootout and Brian thinks we’re in for a close one.