The PODcast is back this week, and, oh baby, it feels good to hear that Victory Monday music when it actually represents a true victory. And man, did the Detroit Lions pick up a true victory over the New England Patriots on Sunday night.
Chris, Jeremy and Ryan are all eager to talk about the dismantling of the NFL’s greatest dynasty at the hands of the then 0-2 Lions. Who is this team that we saw on “Sunday Night Football” and how could they possibly be the same one we saw two weeks ago on the same exact field? Did Matt Patricia and Bill Belichick get struck by lightning at the same time and now we’re all living in the stupidest Body Swap movie ever? The PODcast crew is ready to take on all of this week’s difficult questions and spit out some satisfying answers.
This week on the PODcast
- NARRATIVES: Are the Detroit Lions just much better than we thought, or are the New England Patriots just much worse?
- Matt Patricia’s gameplan was an absolute thing of beauty against his former team.
- The Lions have a defense?
- THE LIONS ESTABLISHED THE RUN, and Jeremy has fallen deep in love with Kerryon Johnson.
- How about those late Bob Quinn additions? Eli Harold and Romeo Okwara are suddenly key parts to the Lions defense.
- The PODcast crew looks around and finds an unrecognizable NFL after a puzzling Week 3 across the entire league.
- Is the NFC North open for the taking? The Bears are in first place (gag), and the Lions are only a game out.
- Jeremy shows off his Shakira and Lil Jon impressions in this week’s mailbag, while the crew answers questions about Brazilian steakhouses, annoying YouTubers, and pizza bagels.