The Detroit Lions have garnered some love.
Bleacher Report’s Kristopher Knox gave the Lions an A+ for their performance on Sunday. He credited the improved defensive scheme and the effective offensive playcalling for the win. Coupled with finally getting a 100-yard rusher, there were plenty of positives from Matt Patricia’s first career victory.
- After a rough start to the season, Frank Ragnow rebounded nicely against the Patriots:
One week removed from posting a poor 49.9 grade against the 49ers, rookie Frank Ragnow finds himself on the PFF Team of the week after a dominant performance against the Patriots.— PFF DET Lions (@PFF_Lions) September 24, 2018
Zero pressures allowed all game. https://t.co/SZMfTG9hyH
- Ragnow and his fellow offensive linemen were creating huge holes for the run game. Brandon Thorn breaks down some runs in this thread:
Ragnow & Glasgow..1st quarter runs..parting their A gap like the red sea: pic.twitter.com/CNa4vwD4vm— Brandon Thorn (@VeteranScout) September 25, 2018
- Andrea Kremer and Hannah Storm will be the first ever all-female duo to broadcast an NFL game later this season.
- ESPN interviewed Fortnite icon Tyler “Ninja” Blevins about his Lions fandom, as well as how it felt to meet Lions players new and old.
- The Lions worked out another former New England Patriot this week:
Former Patriots and Bills ILB Brandon Spikes worked out for the Lions today. As of now there are no plans to sign him.— Michael Silver (@MikeSilver) September 25, 2018
- Because of the Lions’ inconsistent schedule thus far, Matt Patricia hasn’t been getting much sleep thus far.
- Players and fans all over the league are mad about the new “roughing the passer” rules regarding defenders using their entire body weight when landing on quarterbacks. The competition committee reportedly isn’t very happy either, and while they won’t (and can’t) make any rule changes midseason, they may be enforcing the rule differently going forward, according to a Washington Post report.