First Byte is back and its teeth are sharpened and ready to take on the Detroit Lions’ 2018 season.
If you’re unfamiliar with First Byte, it’s our weekly “Byte-sized” preview podcast where we interview an expert on the Lions’ weekly opponent to help break down the upcoming game.
This week is going to be a little different. It’s basically a full-sized normal PODcast with an emphasis on previewing the entire Lions’ season and finishing with a short Jets preview. Unfortunately, we weren’t able to get a Jets expert this week, but nobody truly knows anything about their team at this point in the season anyways.
This week on First Byte:
- Anthony Zettel waived! What the hell is Bob Quinn doing? Is the Lions’ defense doomed? Who is this Romeo Okwara guy? Jeremy, Chris and Ryan give their initial thoughts on the move, and what it means for the upcoming season.
- 2018 season preview! Fan confidence seems to be lower than typical years, but are people just being impatient and putting too much into the preseason?
- Long-term building vs. Short-term aggressive moves: Are the Lions or the Bears doing it right? How much do you trust Matt Patricia and Bob Quinn to build a long-term contender in Detroit?
- Lions vs. Jets: Breaking down the relevant matchups and who has the edge hwere.
- Are we doomed to have another “Matt Ryan in his first NFL start vs. the Lions situation” with Sam Darnold?
- WILL THE LIONS ESTABLISH THE RUN GAME?
- Ryan and Jeremy share the “One thing we think we know” about Monday night’s regular season opener.