HEAR YE! HEAR YE!
The white smoke has billowed from the roofs of Allen Park and that means a new Detroit Lions offensive coordinator has been announced by the secret society of the Bearded Council.
Pope Darrell Bevell is the chosen one, and now we all must revel in the era of Bevell.
Therefore we have called for yet another EMERGENCY PODCAST to discuss our new offensive coordinator overlord. But this week, we brought in some help. Jerry “don’t call me Jeremy” Mallory makes his much-anticipated return to give his thoughts on the hire.
Download and subscribe to First Byte and the PODcast here: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | ART19
THIS WEEK ON THE EMERGENCY PODCAST
- Hey! The Lions chose someone that wasn’t from the Patriots tree and wasn’t still in the playoffs. The gang tries to shake off the initial shock of that.
- Jerry Mallory explains why he’s just lukewarm on the hire, but also has a take on Bevell that leaves room for some serious optimism.
- How is the Lions’ offense going to change in terms of scheme and personnel with Bevell at the helm?
- What does this mean for Matthew Stafford? Is this a sign they have less faith in the franchise quarterback?
- The gang gives their grades on the hire.