Every now and then an article comes out that makes you think, “Dangit, why didn’t I think of that?”
That happened late last week when Erik Schlitt of Lions Wire dropped an article relating to the Detroit Lions’ new offensive coordinator hire, Darrell Bevell. Schlitt looked at the upcoming free agent class and searched for players with a history with Bevell at positions of need for the Lions.
As anyone who has followed the NFL for some time knows that every coach likes to bring in players they have a history with, because they’re a known commodity. We saw it plenty last year with Matt Patricia—LeGarrette Blount, Jonathan Freeny, Ricky Jean Francois among others.
With the Lions needing several upgrades on the offensive side of the ball, Schlitt’s list includes several intriguing names, including (but not limited to) running back Mike Davis, receiver Jermaine Kearse and right guard Mark Glowinski. I highly recommend checking out his entire list here.
- Ever wonder what A’Shawn Robinson’s Ellen Degeneres impression looks like? Robinson made a cameo in Sunday night’s “The Late Late Show with James Corden” as part of Corden’s “Big Man Dance Crew.” Robinson is surprisingly coordinated:
- Senior Bowl practices start up this week, so Dave Birkett of The Detroit Free Press listed seven players fans should keep an eye on for the Lions.
- There was concern (or intrigue) that the Lions would be playing in England in 2019, seeing as the Raiders were going to be involved in the international game, and the Lions will be playing the Raiders on the road next season. However, the NFL announced the international games for 2019, and the Lions will not be traveling overseas:
- The Detroit Lions have a montage of the best on-field audio from the 2018 season.
- It was a good year for Lions rookies. So spend your Monday watching the best rookie plays from the 2018 season:
- Justin Rogers of The Detroit News looked at a handful of potential cap casualties or tough roster decisions facing the Lions this offseason.