The 2019 Senior Bowl is in the books and that means it’s time to take draft season seriously. The PODcast crew is just starting to dip its toes in the 2019 NFL Draft class which meant this was the week to bring in some reinforcements, and we brought in one of the most valuable draft minds that Detroit Lions fandom has to offer.
Kent Lee Platte joined the show this week to give his thoughts on the week’s events and what it means for the draft and the Lions. We cover just about every aspect of the game: offense, defense, practices, games, winners, losers.
This is our first plunge into really serious NFL Draft coverage, so you DON’T WANT TO MISS THIS EPISODE.
- Kent shares his biggest surprises of the week, including another Alabama defensive tackle that looks a lot like Da’Shawn Hand.
- Senior Bowl winners and loser: One defense end that undoubtedly helped his stock and a running back battle between a big school and a tiny one.
- WIDE RECEIVERS GALORE! Kent breaks down some of the slot receiver options for the Lions and who impressed the most over the weekend.
- The Darrell Bevell impact: How does the coordinator hire change Detroit’s approach to the draft, and who’s a better fit now.
- EDGE talk. This class has a ton of edge options, but it wasn’t a great week for many prospect.
- Montez Sweat hype: For real or overrated? The crew gives their opinion on Mississippi State product.
- We touch on the John Bonamego hire and talk about our hopes and concerns for the future of the Lions’ special teams.
- Mailbag fixes the Pro Bowl, talks about divisive Rashan Gary, and debates southern food.