As we enter Week 6 of the NFL season, the contenders are starting to separate themselves from the pretenders. We’re still not quite at the time of year where we’re sure of what teams are going to make the postseason—Patriots, as always, excluded—but we’re getting close.
One of the teams that are starting to establish themselves as a contender but haven’t quite silenced all the doubters yet is the 4-1 Green Bay Packers. Their defense is off to an extremely hot start, and their commitment to balance on offense appears to be working well for new head coach Matt LaFleur.
But is it possible that the Packers turned everything around in one offseason? How does their strength of schedule play into their performance thus far? And more importantly, do the Detroit Lions stand a chance against the Packers in this week’s Monday night showdown for first place in the NFC North?
To answer these questions and much, much more, we spoke for 40 minutes with Peter Bukowski of Acme Packing Company and Locked on Packers.
Truly speaking, this was one of the most informative First Byte episodes we’ve ever recorded, and I give it my highest recommendation for listening—with no biases attached, of course.
Make sure you download, subscribe, and HEY, how about you leave a review finally? We know you’ve been putting it off, but we’d very much appreciate it. Subscribing will get you both the PODcast and First Byte delivered to you weekly!
Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeartRadio
This week on First Byte:
- The Packers actually did stuff this offseason!
- How is the offense different than last year?
- Za’Darius Smith and Preston Smith are not just a huge impact on the field, but an incredible value off it, too.
- The Packers apparently don’t care if they give up rushing yards. Peter has an interesting theory on Green Bay’s defense.
- How much has the schedule played into the Packers’ defensive success?
- Injury updates on Darnell Savage, Davante Adams.
- Can the Lions protect Matthew Stafford?
- Will Detroit limit Aaron Rodgers like they did with Patrick Mahomes—and how they did last year?
- Predictions for Sunday!