The Detroit Lions haven’t been able to crack the Minnesota Vikings’ defensive code since Mike Zimmer carried that franchise on their back. The Lions are desperate, coming off an emotional loss to the Green Bay Packers, and they’re bringing a revamped offense via Darrell Bevell that has Matthew Stafford playing some of the best football of his career.
But will it be enough for a surging Vikings team that pulled themselves out of dysfunction to be one of the more impressive teams in the NFL over the past two weeks?
This week, we got Arif Hasan from The Athletic Minnesota to help us preview this Week 7 showdown. Hasan helped us understand what is currently going right in Minnesota, what is going wrong, and what the hell is with Kirk Cousins.
It’s an informative podcast that I promise is a lot less depressing than last week’s—let’s just say very impassioned—podcast.
As always, make sure you subscribe to our podcast station so you can get First Byte and the PODcast on your favorite platform as soon as the episodes drop.
- The Vikings offseason was focused on the offensive line. How successful were they? Which moves turned out to be good and bad?
- Kirk Cousins’ stats are outstanding, but his reputation remains sketchy. Hasan gives us his full opinion on the Vikings’ franchise quarterback.
- Has this defense changed at all from years past or is still the scary defense that it always has been?
- Arif gives us his overall thoughts on the Lions: “best team in the NFC North”????
- Can the Lions wide receivers beat the Vikings underperforming corners?
- How the hell are the Lions going to stop Dalvin Cook and how the hell are they going to protect Matthew Stafford?