According to Pro Football Focus, receiver Marvin Jones Jr. and defensive tackle Kevin Strong Jr. were the Lions’ highest-graded players from Week 7 who played a minimum of 25 snaps.
Here are the #Lions highest grades players from Week 7 (min 25 snaps):— PFF DET Lions (@PFF_Lions) October 21, 2019
WR Marvin Jones Jr.- 76.8 OVR
DI Kevin Strong Jr.- 90.3 OVR (T-5th by defensive player)
RB Kerryon Johnson earned the highest game grade of his career (84.6 OVR, only 11 snaps)
I’m sure you don’t need reminding, but let’s do it anyway because it feels good: Jones went off Sunday with 10 catches for 93 yards and four touchdowns. Strong had two tackles and three of Detroit’s five quarterback hurries.
- The Detroit Free Press’ Dave Birkett says Sunday’s showing was a hit to Matt Patricia’s reputation as a defensive genius.
- NFL.com’s “What we learned from Sunday’s Week 7 games” roundup said the Vikings defense suffered its worst outing of the season, but: “This week was not kind to the Lions’ postseason hopes.”
- A column from Mitch Albom about the defense’s struggles, and one from Wojo that’s essentially a “state of the team.”
Kirk Cousins had all day to throw in the Vikings 42-30 win over the Lions, having been pressured on just 1 of 34 dropbacks, the fewest in a game for Cousins since 2016.— Next Gen Stats (@NextGenStats) October 20, 2019
Cousins finished 19/24, 289 yards & 4 TD when time to throw was greater than 2.50 seconds.#MINvsDET | #Skol pic.twitter.com/c0AcVbTcfp
- You probably won’t love this one either but Dalvin Cook was reaaaally psyched about meeting Barry Sanders on Sunday. “I ain’t Barry, but I watched enough tape, and when you see enough things, I’m a guy with a photographic memory.”
- Loved this anecdote at the beginning of Michael Rothstein’s piece for ESPN, highlighting how Justin Coleman playfully takes a swipe at anything his wife is carrying around the house. For practice, of course.
- Happy Birthday Rick Wagner!