From the outside, it looks like the New York Giants may be one of the more dysfunctional organizations in the NFL. General manager Dave Gettleman has been turned into a punchline after saying he won’t trade Odell Beckham Jr., then promptly trading Odell Beckham Jr. Then he promptly went and made the shock of the draft, taking Duke quarterback Daniel Jones much to the surprise of everyone.
The results have been predictable. The Giants are 2-5, bereft of talent and already out of the national spotlight before November.
But is it all really as bad as it looks? Detroit Lions fans are well aware that the national perception can often be wrong or misleading. So this week, we brought in Chris Pflum—writer for Big Blue View—to set the record straight. Is the future that dark in New York? Is there anything or anyone to be worried about this week? What happened to the Danny Dimes of three weeks ago?
All that and more on this week’s First Byte preview podcast!
This week on First Byte:
- Is it truly a full rebuild for the Giants or could they become contenders quick?
- On a scale of 1 to Matt Millen: How much do Giants fans hate Dave Gettleman?
- Strengths and weaknesses of Daniel Jones
- Injury update: How is Sterling Shepard progressing? Is Saquon Barkley the same guy after his ankle injury?
- We discuss keys to the game: How to stop TE Evan Engram? Can Giants make Matthew Stafford uncomfortable? Will the Lions ever be able to run the ball again?