The rumors are already starting to churn with the Detroit Lions and the upcoming trade deadline at 4 p.m. ET on Tuesday. Detroit already made one significant move, sending Quandre Diggs to Seattle for a swap of a seventh-round pick to a fifth-round pick.
But it just feels like the Lions aren’t done yet. A running back—perhaps Kenyan Drake—seems like a foregone conclusion, especially after a underwhelming performance from Kerryon Johnson’s backups on Sunday. Darius Slay is reportedly a hot commodity from other teams. And Detroit certainly has other needs (see: pass rusher, linebacker) that could help them jump from mediocre to potential contender.
So what will the Lions do? What should the Lions do? Are they buyers, sellers or neither? Do they make a big swing or do they stay quiet? Are a few of the Lions that are on the last year of their contract (Graham Glasgow, A’Shawn Robinson) safe?
We cover all of that and a lot, lot more on this week’s episode of the PODcast, with special guest Michael Rothstein of ESPN.
Check it out:
This week on the PODcast:
- Ryan, Jeremy and Chris break down Lions vs. Giants. Can the Lions build some momentum off this win?
- Matthew Stafford was a freakin’ legend in the second half.
- What’s with the Lions’ secondary all of a sudden
- TRADE DEADLINE PREVIEW! ESPN’s Michael Rothstein joins us to talk about Lions trade rumors and what he thinks the Lions will and/or should do.
- “Why You Lion’?” is back, and Rothstein joins us for an entertaining round of trivia.