The Detroit Lions players have a pretty damn good reputation of quality Halloween costumes throughout the year. Whether it was the Orlovsky’s and their homage to “The Hangover” or Kelly and Matthew Stafford doing “Sandlot” cosplay, the Lions have always seemed to do Halloween right.
This year is definitely no exception, as the Lions appeared to have a Halloween party for many of their players earlier in the week. Here are just a few of the best costumes we found on social media this week.
First, there’s offensive lineman Tyrell Crosby as Tyler Perry’s popular movie character Madea:
You may remember last year, when Crosby also killed it with his Uncle Phil costume from “Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.”
Next was Marvin Jones Jr. and his wife, who always seem to go all out on their Halloween costume. They went full-on scary this year:
Then there’s Kerryon Johnson, who dressed up as the character Kakashi from the anime “Naruto:”
And there’s Sam Martin and his girlfriend Nastia Liukin literally walking in each other’s shoes for a day:
Finally, there was Ty Johnson as the latest iteration of Joker:
The Lions official instagram account has a nice slideshow of some of the best costumes over the years for the team, including a few from this Halloween party:
- NFL.com came out with their midseason predictions, and surprisingly, there was one analyst that still believes the Lions will land a playoff spot. Tom Blair picked them to grab one of the NFC Wild Card spots.
- Lions left tackle Taylor Decker is the latest player to be featured on Detroit’s fantastic “Under the Helmet” series. Check it out:
- During his Wednesday media session, Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford was sick and losing his voice. Don’t worry, though, he thinks he’ll be fine by Sunday when he travels to Oakland.
- Damon Harrison Sr. may not be having his best year, but he’s still got a huge lead on all other interior run defenders over the last 3.5 years:
Nobody compares to SNACKS at stopping the run since 2016! pic.twitter.com/UcHMrcKQeU— PFF (@PFF) October 30, 2019
- Darius Slay still doesn’t care about getting traded, but he did say he’d be happy to stay in Detroit for “as long as the Lions want” him.
- Okay, so it’s only been five catches, but this is still pretty dang impressive: