First Byte is on bye this week, but that doesn’t mean this machine stops.
We’re handing out report cards as the Lions slam home one quarter of NFL play in the books. Four games is enough to start picking apart more and more of their play and passing judgement thus far. We’re sitting down to grade this team all around, and hand out notes on best and worst performers, and what we’d like to see in the next four games of play.
Download and subscribe the Pride of Detroit PODcast on your favorite platforms.
- General thoughts on where the season has gone so far. It’s exceeded expectations, but in what ways?
- Will these close losses/ties end up hurting the Lions in the NFC North race? How tight will the division race really be?
- How Matthew Stafford has exceeded expectations and found another revival after a sluggish year.
- How the offense finally shed its “boring” title from last year, according to our own John Whiticar.
- The defense is breaking up passes like a machine, but can they get it settled in on the ground? What’s caused the drop-off in rushing defense this year?
- Justin Coleman earns a gold star as a truly breakout star.
- Jarrad Davis... not so much. See me after class.
- We had out letter grades and teacher notes. As I said we’re riding this analogy straight into the ground.