Some weeks just get you.
What started as a promising day for the Lions to rebound against a hated foe across the lake met grim meathook reality when news broke in the early hours that Matthew Stafford would not play against the Chicago Bears, immediately plummeting the Detroit Lions into an abyss of misery and sin. What remained just wasn’t enough against the Bears defense and a half-comatose Mitchell Trubisky.
We discuss this matter on the PODcast, of course, but there’s more to discuss for the future of the Lions at this point. Three names in particular come up, and it’s where we start as the Lions preemptively end their season with seven to play. Fans and media alike turn their thoughts to the offseason, the draft and potential pink slips, and we’re doing the same.
Download and subscribe to the Pride of Detroit PODcast on your favorite platforms.
- Recapping a nasty ugly game.
- Jeff Driskel wasn’t THAT bad for his first game
- ...but the future is coming down and it’s not looking pretty
- The beginning of the end for Jarrad Davis
- Will Stafford sit or play these next seven games?
- How long of a rope does Matt Patricia have left?
- Mailbag is back!
- Readers ask about Stafford. Is he “too tough” for his own good? When will retirement come for him?
- Draft talk begins, to Jeremy’s chagrin. The crew dabbles in OT and LB prospects.