Lions running backs are expendable, flash a few times and vanish into oblivion. That’s at least been the practice for a few seasons now. Pick a time and you’ll find the comments at Pride Of Detroit buzzing about Dwayne Washington, Tion Green, Zach Zenner or any other name you choose.
Bo Scarbrough was adequate during last Sunday’s tilt against the Cowboys, and with the season in the tank that’s enough to warrant interest. It’s a hard ask for Scarbrough to repeat his performance, but he’s got a shot against Washington and could continue to cement himself on a nonexistent depth chart.
To that wit, he leads the Thursday edition of Lions notes.
- Pro Football Focus released their latest stats, including yards after contact for running back. Wouldn’t you know, after setting up the opening paragraphs for notes, guess who’s on the list!
- Keeping up with former Detroit Lions is a past-time. To that end, Ameer Abdullah is currently leading Pro Bowl votes in the NFC for special team players.
- Steve Palazzolo has analysis up on ESPN+ about where quarterbacks excel on the field. You’ll need a subscription to view, but know that Matthew Stafford has the highest big-time throw percentage, and is tied with Russell Wilson as the best quarterback for throwing inside the numbers.
- More depth chart shakeup as the Lions release tackle Dan Skipper. With Rick Wagner as a full participant in practice on Thursday, the spot will probably be filled for another depth position.
The Lions have released T Dan Skipper. pic.twitter.com/QpkRu4et6d— Detroit Lions (@Lions) November 21, 2019
- Also on the transactions, the Lions activated Austin Bryant from injured reserve on Wednesday night.