Since then, things have been rough in Detroit. After a late defensive resurgence that season, the Lions regressed hard on that side of the ball in 2019. While the questions we had about Darrell Bevell and the Lions offense have been answered with a resounding HOLY CRAP, WHY HAVEN’T WE UNCORKED MATTHEW STAFFORD LIKE THIS FOR THE PAST FOUR YEARS, the defense has this team headed towards December irrelevancy at a frightening pace.
So it’s time to meme the crap out of the Chicago Bears again to save a little face.
Our First Byte preview this week welcomes our old friend Robert Zeglinski back to the show, and he’s steaming mad about the somehow-worse Chicago Bears. Specifically, Robert thinks Chicago needs to get rid of Trubisky—and possibly head coach Matt Nagy—as soon as possible, before they ruin the efforts of this defense.
We essentially try to preview Lions vs. Bears, but it eventually turns into a big Mitchell Trubisky roast, which—to be honest—is more than I could have ever asked for in this episode.
Tune in and enjoy.
This week on First Byte
- What’s went wrong in Chicago? Okay, Rob, but what other than Mitchell Trubisky?
- Why isn’t Trubisky running anymore?
- Defensive regression? Are the Bears feeling the results of losing defensive coordinator Vic Fangio this season?
- Okay, but are the Lions going to make Trubisky look good and make everything even more horrible?
- What happened to the Bears’ running game? How is it worse than Detroit’s?
- We make our predictions for this stinkfest.