It’s sad it has come to this. It’s Week 15, and instead of doing a typical preview between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Detroit Lions, we’re already talking about the 2020 NFL Draft. It’s a sad reality we have to face as a fanbase, but given the lengthy injury report, the 3-9-1 record, and the poor product the Lions are putting on the field right now, there’s really not that much to look forward to on Sunday.
So First Byte, again, is changing its format this week. For the first segment, we are talking about NFL Draft order. The Lions are currently fifth, but could jump as high as three by the end of the week. What are the key games this week? Who are we rooting for? And just how high can the Lions climb before the end of the year? Ryan and I break down each relevant team’s remaining schedule and the likelihood that they win or lose their remaining games.
Then we jump into a more traditional First Byte. We talk about the injuries the Lions are currently suffering from, and the players that could step in and make a late-season statement to the coaching that.
All that and much, much more on this week’s First Byte!
- Dolphins vs. Giants: GAME OF THE WEEK! (for draft purposes)
- Who to root for?
- Everyone but the Bengals appear to be catchable, but if the Lions “slip up” and win, how far could they fall?
- Breaking down the players to watch on Sunday
- Could Tyrell Crosby win the long-term right tackle job?
- GIVE US MORE AMANI ORUWARIYE
- Who will step up in Marvin Jones Jr.’s absence?
- Jahlani Tavai getting valuable experience at middle linebacker