After the Detroit Lions’ eighth loss in nine games, plus a pretty fortunate turn of events across the league in Week 13, the Lions are in a pretty good spot to earn a top 10 pick. But just how high could their pick go?
The Lions are currently sixth in draft order, but as both John and I explained earlier in the day, based on schedule and current trends, Detroit could be much higher by the end of the month.
That’s the big topic of debate on this week’s episode of the PODcast. Myself and Ryan Mathews also try to take away some positives from Thursday’s loss to the Chicago Bears, and try to decipher exactly what the Lions’ plans are for Matthew Stafford in 2019 considering some puzzling roster moves following the Bears game.
You can catch it all, plus our weekly mailbag segment in the latest episode of the PODcast.
This week on the PODcast
- Thanksgiving Game recap: The defense is still buttcheeks, but that David Blough guy did better than anyone could have realistically expected.
- Amani Oruwariye continues to look good, but he’s going to face some serious challenges in December.
- Can the Lions get a top-five pick? A top-three pick? I lay out a pretty convincing case, if I do say so myself.
- Jeff Driskel sent to injured reserve. Matthew Stafford remains on the 53-man roster. The Lions aren’t seriously considering playing him again in 2019... are they?
- Mailbag addresses THIS WILD CONSPIRACY EXPOSED BY REDDIT:
- Plus: Detroit sports are sad. When will one team be not sad?