Looks like Megatron got a new adventure planned for retirement.
Johnson and his wife are looking to open up shop in Bloomfield Hills, calling it Michigan Community Collective.
This isn’t the first time he’s applied. He and fellow former Lion Rob Sims actually got denied in December for medical marijuana growing, processing and provisioning facilities. The reason? Johnson’s minor traffic tickets and issues with homes Sims owns in Dearborn.
The issues have been resolved, says Johnson’s spokesman, and Michigan’s Medical Marihuana Licensing Board voted 4-0 in favor of his application.
- After being released by the Lions last Friday, Glover Quin reveals he had actually asked to be released last off season. He said on an episode of The Pride Podcast posted Thursday: “I knew it was going to get to this point. I could see it. I knew it was going to happen. I understand the business of football and I knew we were going to get to this point so I was just trying to stop it before it even got started.”
- Football analytics website Pro Football Focus ranked Tracy Walker second among 2018’s highest-graded safeties in the NFC North.
2018's highest-graded safeties in the NFC North pic.twitter.com/UuzUh9ByL7— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) February 21, 2019
- Unless you’re living under a rock, you probably saw that Duke’s Zion Williamson was hurt in Wednesday night’s rivalry game against North Carolina after quite literally busting out of his shoe. John Niyo says Zion’s not alone, recalling a Detroit News article from not too long ago about a certain Lions guard that had a similar shoe malfunction.
- Yahoo Sports football writer Matt Harmon took a look at quarterback contracts and whether or not they’re worth it for each team. Calling Matthew Stafford’s contract of “deal with the devil” nature ... well, that’s enough of a tease.
- As some call on the Lions to sign Antonio Brown, one Detroit Free Press writer (whose social media feeds I’m sure you’ve argued in at some point or another) is eyeing another Steeler — Le’Veon Bell.
- Finally a happy birthday to Lions cheerleader Courtney. Because I like her, she’s really nice. And I decide what goes in today’s notes. Happy bday gf.