It’s that time of year again! The Pride of Detroit community mock draft is here and it’s time to get you guys involved in the process.
Every year, we have POD commenters act as general managers for all 32 teams, and then we create a two-round mock day by day.
I messed up a little bit and we’re already a week behind, so I’m looking for commenters who will be able to respond to emails in a quick and timely fashion, over the next three weeks.
Here’s how it works and what I need from you all:
- The Detroit Lions will be represented by Kent Lee Platte, so they already have a GM. There will be no GM for the Chicago Bears, as they currently do not have a first or second round pick.
- Teams will be assigned based on how active you are on the site and how long you have been around, so it’s not a race to sign up first or anything like that. Newer users will still be considered, but I want to make sure regulars of the site get to participate.
- If you have a first-round pick, you will be asked to provide a 200-300 word write-up. Only sign up if you are comfortable doing this and are capable of writing coherent sentences. No internet slang, please. And do your research, please.
- Make sure you can stick to the schedule that will be posted in the coming days. You will be replaced if you can’t get your pick in on time. We move pretty fast (3 picks a day), so if you aren’t the kind of person who checks their email several times a day, please do not sign up.
- Sign up for the POD Mock Draft by Wednesday April 3 at noon ET. Assignments and the schedule will be released on Thursday.
- Again, I want to reiterate that you please only sign up if you are capable of keeping up to date several times a day. This draft will continue from early April until days before the draft. If you are going on a vacation or will be offline for a stretch of several days during any time in April, I highly suggest you do NOT sign up this year. One person can hold up the entire draft and threaten our ability to finish it before the real draft gets here.
How to sign up (PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE SECTION)
To sign up for the POD Community Mock, fill out the google form below. (If you don’t see it below, click here.) Follow the instructions on the form very carefully. Please pick out three teams you’d like to represent, even if you have no true preference—you can let me know you don’t have a preference in the comment section. And please, PLEASE, remember to leave a comment below to confirm your submission.