At this point in time, it’s getting really hard to tell what the Detroit Lions will do with the eighth overall pick. While rumors of a trade down are gaining steam, there are also a lot of prospects that could be there when the Lions are on the clock that would make a ton of sense for Matt Patricia and company.
So on this week’s episode of the PODcast, the crew discusses the top seven prospects that could very well be the pick should the Lions stay pat at eight. Would the pick make us happy or sad on draft day? How do we envision their fit within the Lions’ scheme? Is the value right for the player and the position? Does this feel like a move the Lions would actually make?
That’s the entire focus of this week’s episode as we enter the final couple weeks before the 2019 NFL Draft.
This week’s episode:
- Jeremy, Ryan and Chris go through seven of the most likely prospects to be taken by the Detroit Lions with the eighth overall pick and answer a simple question: Would drafting them make you happy or sad?
- Who is the better fit in the Lions defense: Montez Sweat, Rashan Gary, Ed Oliver or Brian Burns?
- Skill position in the first? You okay with Detroit going tight end or wide receiver in the first?
- Which prospects will make an immediate impact with the Lions? Who will take a year or two to develop?
- Are any cornerbacks still in play for the Lions at eight or do they need to wait?
- Mailbag talks overasked draft questions, our lack of Game of Thrones knowledge and how we fill the time in the NFL’s long offseason.