The Detroit Lions made their second-round pick on Monday, choosing Boston College guard Chris Lindstrom with the 43rd selection in our Pride of Detroit Community Mock Draft. If you’re looking to see why Kent Lee Platte chose Lindstrom, the power of the internet allows you to view it with simply a click right here.
But 21 picks remain in the second round, and it’s time to address those picks made by our fine commenters. Here’s a look at the next 11 picks following the Lions’ second-round pick.
44. Green Bay Packers - LB Mack Wilson
45. Atlanta Falcons - DB Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
46. Washington - QB Daniel Jones
47. Carolina Panthers - S Darnell Savage
48. Miami Dolphins - CB Rock Ya-Sin
49. Cleveland Browns - CB Justin Layne
50. Minnesota Vikings - C Erik McCoy
51. Tennessee Titans - DE L.J. Collier
52. Pittsburgh Steelers - S Deionte Thompson
53. Philadelphia Eagles - WR Marquise Brown
54. Houston Texans - OL Yodny Cajuste
There are a few interesting developments here. Rock Ya-Sin and Justin Layne, two cornerbacks that may not even be there when the Lions are on the clock, go a few picks after Detroit makes their selection in our mock.
Additionally, the Eagles may get the steal of the draft here, nabbing Marquise “Hollywood” Brown deep into the second round. Obviously, there are serious concerns about the Lisfranc injury he suffered, but he could very well be the best skill player in this year’s draft class if he recovers in full. Deionte Thompson is also really good value here for the Steelers, as some consider Thompson a first-round talent.
Also, the fourth quarterback is now off the board with Duke’s Daniel Jones landing in Washington.
To see all of the picks in the POD Community Mock, head to our mock tracker here. The draft will reach its conclusion on Wednesday.