After the initial shock wore off, the Pride of Detroit crew convened in the doldrums of the night to record their reaction of an exhausting day in the 2019 NFL Draft.
The Detroit Lions sent fans googling with their second-round selection of Hawaii linebacker Jahlani Tavai. There’s nothing wrong with selecting a relative unknown in the draft, but taking one in the second round is something Lions fans aren’t really accustomed to. Even with last year’s primer of Tracy Walker in the third, this seems a little dramatic.
For Day 2, we changed our lineup a bit. Jerry Mallory, John Whiticar and Jeremy Reisman broke down the crazy events from Friday and tried to make sense of it all. How will Tavai and third-round pick Will Harris fit into the Lions’ immediate plans? What can we take from Bob Quinn’s comments to give us an idea of their fit?
All of that, an more on this mini-episode of the PODcast.
- Jerry, Jeremy and John explain their initial reactions to the Tavai pick. Yeah, we were all pretty shocked—even in the media room at Allen Park.
- Where does Tavai fit in the defense? How will it affect Jarrad Davis and Christian Jones?
- Has Bob Quinn earned the right to be trusted?
- VERSATILE VERSATILE VERSATILE VERSTAILE
- Will Harris: Another Tracy Walker? Another chess piece in a crowded secondary?
- Can Harris break the starting lineup in 2019 or will he develop slowly like Walker?